Crying silkies!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by KPort Chick, Jun 25, 2008.

1. KPort Chick

KPort Chick Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2008
    Maine
    Hello!
    I just put my 6 eight week old chicks outside in their coop for the first time, and it's not going well. The 4 Buffs seem just fine, and are perched on top of the crate (the inside of the coop isn't quite done but they are safe and secure inside the run with a dog crate). The silkies on the other hand are out there bawling. I had to lock them inside the crate for the night b/c they kept pacing and jumping all around. I think they want to cuddle with the others, but the don't want to go inside. What to do! I guess they will just have to deal with it. Are silkies just a little more spastic than other breeds?

2. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Mine have all been crybabies [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. KPort Chick

KPort Chick Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2008
    Maine
    Oh ok- I didn't know if I was doing something horribly wrong to them. Well, they will have to tough it out since I disassembled their indoor brooder box today! Thanks for the reply.

4. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Well... they usually won;t jump up on stuff.... watching my Charli jump up on the perches to be next to Roxie is like watching the Mourning Doves in my yard crash land into the bird feeder!!! [​IMG] They can't fly... so they feel more secure on the ground...usually [​IMG] I would say they probably miss their more agile brooder mates.... but they will adjust [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by