Crying sound from 1 year old

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by worrall235, Jun 12, 2011.

1. worrall235

worrall235 New Egg

Jul 20, 2010
    Please help. My one year old is walking around and it sound like crying with an intermittent "yelp' or sob. She is in a heavy molt with feathers missing around the neck area. Are the others hurting her? Is it something else? She is walking around outside with the others. What should I do?

2. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    Is there any way you could post a video link with audio (like link to Youtube)? Maybe someone else will know what you mean from your description if the have experienced it, but I'm not sure...

Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  3. worrall235

worrall235 New Egg

Jul 20, 2010
    I don't have the means to a video link. She is walking around (and eating as I just gave her some sunflower seeds) but is continually making a crying sound (waa uh) and then an occasional yelp with her neck stretched out.

4. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    I'm not sure but the neck stretching gesture suggests that she may have something uncomfortable stuck in her throat. It's good that she is eating, drinking an of course breathing. I suppose you could take a look down her throat which she won't like. Their might be the off chance she has gape worm. You could do a search for what to look for, and hopefully rule that out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by