1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

CS16 -- The Official Michigan Chicken Stock Information Thread for June 11, 2016

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by Candy442, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Candy442

Candy442 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Apr 2, 2013
    Williamston, MI
    Once again we are pleased to announce that Michigan will be having our annual Chicken Stock. Or for those who like abbreviations, CS16

As usual, the event will be held at Delta Mills Park in Lansing on June 11 from 10:00 to 3:00.
    The park is located at:
    7001 Old River Trail
    1-1/2 miles north on Canal off Saginaw, and 1/2 mile east on Old River Trail in Lansing.

You can use this thread to sign up, add your dish to pass and to volunteer to help with set-up and clean-up.
    This thread will also serve as gateway for the swap meet information. Other information will also be posted as it comes in on this thread

****The most current updates are contained on the Michigan Chicken Stock member page located at:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/michigan-chickenstock-event-page

Please SUBSCRIBE to that page and this one to get the latest information regarding CS16

Feel free to post here or PM me with any questions or comments!!!

1 person likes this.
  2. RaZ

RaZ Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Apr 20, 2011
    TBD - Please help.
    Thanks for doing this.

I'll be there early to help set up.

3. snowflake

snowflake Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2009
    Belding Michigan
    Thank you for getting things started[​IMG]
    I plan to be there and will bring some white plastic tables

got a save the date from my niece. she is getting married in June, they picked the 4th, what good kids

1 person likes this.
  4. Candy442

Apr 2, 2013
    Williamston, MI
    I am happy to do this! :)

Do you have 50/50 tickets or the donation jar? guest book? Name tags? I wasn't sure who had any of those things?

We will be there early too, for set up and most likely clean up too.

5. Candy442

Apr 2, 2013
    Williamston, MI
    I am also looking for speakers/ presenters for this event via the MSU extension office. I sent them an inquiry as they have many poultry students/experts.

Do we have anyone who has 4H members or kids that wish to learn about 4H fair presentation of poultry? If there is enough interest, we may be able to have a presentation of the process?

Ideas?

6. uchytil

uchytil Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    Cindy and I will be there. I'll shoot pix as usual. Last year I brought charcoal & fluid. Might do that again if someone is cooking something. I'll have to ask Cindy what she wants to bring as she's out east with our daughter who just had a baby girl. Maple syrup for the swap table. I'll update as time goes on.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  7. JackieandChicks

JackieandChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2013
    I may bring some BLRW hens...have some I have grown out that are not to breeding standard but are very pretty.

1 person likes this.
  8. Folly's place

Folly's place Overrun With Chickens

Sep 13, 2011
    southern Michigan
    Thanks, Candy, for doing this. I'll bring chocolate cake, and ??? I hope to have chicks to bring, we'll see. How about asking Dr. Fulton again? He's wonderful. Mary

1 person likes this.
  9. RaZ

RaZ Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Apr 20, 2011
    TBD - Please help.
    I have name tags, tickets and stuff like that. I'll inventory it tomorrow and give a report.

Since my surgery is now scheduled for the week after CS I have to shave my beard. Maybe I should raffle off the privilege. [​IMG]

10. bigmrg74

bigmrg74 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2014
    Clinton Michigan
    Amy and me are going to her cousin's wedding the 18th, so the switch to the 11th works out well for us.

Should we use some electric clippers or go with some old school sheep sheering scissors??

2 people like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by