1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

CT Free pullet to good home

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by pcaehill, Jul 6, 2008.

1. pcaehill

pcaehill New Egg

Jul 6, 2008
    Hello from Westbrook, CT!!

I have a beautiful, healthy pullet, free to a good home. Evie is a Rhode Island Red, approx. 4 months old. I got her as a chick, so she's accustomed to being handled and is very tame.

It breaks my heart to give her up but the 2 adult hens I already have are closely bonded to each other and attack her as an invader. Evie would make a great pet or addition to a small flock. She’s in excellent health, with shiny dark red/brown and some glossy black feathers.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Thanks!
    Pam

Last edited: Jul 6, 2008
  2. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    Hi Pam,
    Where is CT are you located??? I am quite interested!

Oh wait! Westbrook!!! I would love to claim her!! Can I give you a call ???

I am in Durham, but it is my SIL who is adding to her flock, she works in Essex.....

3. chickenannie

chickenannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    "She" is a rooster!

4. pcaehill

pcaehill New Egg

Jul 6, 2008
    What makes you think she's a rooster? She doesn't crow, and her back feathers go backwards, not across like saddle feathers. She clucks like a hen and is very docile. Also no spurs.

5. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    HHmm Pam,,,,I think they might be right. Large comb and she has saddles feathers. Can you post some more pics without the wire???

Spurs dont pop up for a while in my experience. [​IMG] In that case, if you want to keep "her" you might just need to let the other two be with "her" for a while and they will fall in love!

6. pcaehill

pcaehill New Egg

Jul 6, 2008
    We're bummed. All this time we thought "she" was female. She was a sex-link cross and was red as a chick, so was supposed to be female.

Also our white hen has a much larger comb, so we didn't think much of the comb.

I guess we could wait for an egg? [​IMG] (might be a long wait!!)

Here's some other pictures without the fencing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If you folks are pretty sure Evie is Everett, then we'll repost as "free rooster to good home."

Thanks!
    Pam

7. chickenannie

chickenannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    I'm so sorry -- the reason I said that is because in picture 3 (of the first set) 'it' has what looks like a rooster's tail. And very stout legs like a rooster. Spurs don't develop till they're much older, so that wouldn't be a sign. Looks just like my RIR rooster. My RIR hens don't have tails like that. Their tails are smaller and the same color feathers as their bodies -- kind of reddish. and my hens don't have those feathers on their back that kind of swirl down to the backand side. My hen's feathers go straight back. I didn't mean to disappoint you, I just thought it looked like my roo. Anyone else's opinion?

8. stacyf

stacyf Out Of The Brooder

Jun 23, 2008
    DeQueen, AR
    It's a rooster, oh yes

9. pcaehill

pcaehill New Egg

Jul 6, 2008
    That's ok; we're convinced now. Better to know for sure now and not try to pass Ev off as a pullet.

Thanks for the input! I'm re-listing and hoping someone has a good home for a roo.

Pam

10. mmajw

mmajw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    Quote:I was going to say the same thing.....she is a he

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by