Cubalaya

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Mark, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Mark

Mark Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2007
    North Central Texas
    I've gotten it in my head that I need to have some Cubalayas foraging on my 6 acres. I know they lay small eggs, but it doesn't really matter. I like the way they look.

I've never even seen one of these birds in person. Anyone have experience with the breed?

2. 2mnypets

2mnypets Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2007
    Galesburg, IL.
    They are a beautiful bird but I haven't had any experience with them or know of anyone that has any. Unless I personally had a specific coop for them, I'd be afraid of the roo's long tail feathers getting ruined. Best of luck to you.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2007
  3. newbeechickens

newbeechickens Out Of The Brooder

Aug 5, 2007
    kershaw county sc
    hello i have a cubalaya i found her and brought her home as my first chicken had her about a month then decided to get a golden comet but the cubalaya was trying to kill the comet then a day later i got a roo and she tryed killing him so i had to let the cubalaya free range everythings fine now just thought i would let you know she been mean so far to other chickens

4. M.J

M.J Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2007
    Maryland
    My friend has cubalayas and they are the sweetest birds ever the hen fallows her every were when she is free ranging and the male is absolutly amazing with his feathers and personality i highly recomend and im looking for some my self

5. FamilyOfChickens

FamilyOfChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2007
    Northwest Indiana
    I just 'googled' them ( [​IMG] ) and they look quite interesting! I've never seen or heard of them before, but they seem like they'd be worth looking into. Let us know if/when you get some! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by