Cubalaya???

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by SebrightLover, Dec 20, 2007.

1. SebrightLover

SebrightLover Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2007
    Buckhannon, WV
    I have heard that the Cubalaya can be mean and nasty ... anyone with experience?

2. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    I have cubalaya, they're perfectly good natured. They don't fight with my other chickens, 'course they all free range together. I didn't handle them much as chicks and they'll still allow me to stroke their neck or breast feathers on the occasion. They're very curious birds. I have breed page on them. Go onto my BYC page and click the Cubalaya link at the top of the page. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2007
  3. M.J

M.J Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2007
    Maryland
    i have never heard of a mean cubalaya and my friend has cubalayas and they are all amazing nice birds with great dispositions

4. Mikesbirds

Mikesbirds Out Of The Brooder

Dec 28, 2007
    Lebanon, Oregon
    I love our cubalayas. They are gentle and curious birds. The roos are fearless and will protect the hens, call them over with any bit of food they find. One roo used to ride around on my shoulder. Cubalayas don't have spurs, so while they will fight other roos to protect their hens, they are at a disadvantage. We've had other roos that will attack people, but we've never had a mean kooby. [​IMG]

5. SebrightLover

SebrightLover Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2007
    Buckhannon, WV
    thanks a bunch, my friend says maybe she heard backward between coobs and sumatras

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by