1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Cuckoo Bluebar Roo or Pullet?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mijaryer, Mar 31, 2016.

1. mijaryer

mijaryer Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2016
    Sacramento, CA
    [​IMG]

Well, my Cuckoo Bluebar is almost 4 weeks old. I'm terrible at sex determination by my spidey sense thinks I have a roo. I'm really hoping I am wrong though, and she's pulling to good ole bait and switch on me. HER comb is still very white, but the tail leads me the other way. I have looked at may photos of this breed in the other forums and I'm still just not convinced. Thoughts?

2. ftfarmer22

ftfarmer22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2016
    Oregon
    I say you got yourself a little pullet!! But if at about 6 weeks you see any red than it's most likely a roo. But for now it's a pullet. :)

3. mijaryer

Mar 30, 2016
    Sacramento, CA
    That means there is HOPE! YES! As for the red, I didn't think even the roos had rad, except maybe in their comb/wattle. Thanks for your input. [​IMG]

4. ftfarmer22

ftfarmer22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2016
    Oregon
    Your welcome!! Also yes I meant by "if you see any red at 6 weeks" that if you see any red in their comb and wattles.. sorry if I confused you lol :)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  5. mijaryer

Mar 30, 2016
    Sacramento, CA
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Few more pics from when I got home today.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by