1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Cuckoo Maran, or a Barred Rock??????

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Desert Rooster, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    Hello, i would like to know what breed she is, i found her walking down my street today, poor hen she was very hungry, i got her to go in to a dog crate by throwing corn kernels for her to follow, she was a bit dirty, but not hurt, i checked her for mites and i didnt see any, i have her in a cage with food and water.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2010
  2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Neither. See the white lines going down her neck, and how her barring is actually blotting on her feathers? She's a crossbred, most likely of a barred bird and black or other color.

3. Loddie Da

Loddie Da Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2007
    Troy, New York
    Do to how light her legs are I would say she is a Maran or Orpington mix, The way she is put together & color does not look pure to me either.

4. coq au vin

coq au vin Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I had to think about that one for a sec, hung up on how you'd get a crossbred barred pullet, but I get it now. Baby Daddy was barred (or Cuckoo) and Baby Mama was probably not.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by