Cuckoo Maran or Barred Plymouth Rock?!?!???

Aug 7, 2019
Oahu, Hawaii
When I purchased the older one it was listed as a Cuckoo Maran. When I purchased the younger one it was listed as a Barred Plymouth Rock. Both were purchased as little chicks, just days old. What do you think?

Attachments

• 617115C7-323D-4EC6-8CCC-21E8D7F2667F.jpeg
    617115C7-323D-4EC6-8CCC-21E8D7F2667F.jpeg
    541.8 KB · Views: 40
When I purchased the older one it was listed as a Cuckoo Maran. When I purchased the younger one it was listed as a Barred Plymouth Rock. Both were purchased as little chicks, just days old. What do you think?

I think they got it right. For comparison, here are a couple pictures of mature hens.

The Cuckoo Maran
cuckoo_maran_2.jpg

The Plymouth Barred Rock
Barred Plymouth Rock.jpg

What I clearly see is that the Plymouth BR has much crisper black and white markings compared to the Maran which has a softer black and white pattern. Also, as mentioned, the Plymouth BR has yellow legs and the Maran the white-pink legs. The pictures you uploaded of the younger chicks seem to fit the pattern of the older hens, so I think they got it right.

I think they got it right. For comparison, here are a couple pictures of mature hens.

The Cuckoo Maran View attachment 1884395
The Plymouth Barred RockView attachment 1884396

What I clearly see is that the Plymouth BR has much crisper black and white markings compared to the Maran which has a softer black and white pattern. Also, as mentioned, the Plymouth BR has yellow legs and the Maran the white-pink legs. The pictures you uploaded of the younger chicks seem to fit the pattern of the older hens, so I think they got it right.

Attachments

• 9D99706F-2FB1-40CD-AFF2-E24C6EB9277D.jpeg
    9D99706F-2FB1-40CD-AFF2-E24C6EB9277D.jpeg
    532.3 KB · Views: 31
I’m ok either way. Just curious. This pic is the ad, the day I bought the pullet and the picture I took today. So you’re saying it looks like a Barred PR not a C Maran?

Back
Top Bottom