Cuckoo Maran (roo?) or Golden Campine?

momdogz

In the Brooder
11 Years
Sep 28, 2008
Vermont
I ordered (among others) some Golden Campines and Cuckoo Marans. This one below I thought was a Golden Campine, but when I saw another pic on this forum of someone's Cuckoo Maran young roo it got me wondering....which is it?
idunno.gif

16383_golden_campine_2.jpg

Here's an image of what I also think is a Golden Campine:

16383_golden_campine.jpg

Last edited:
Ohhhh.......ok, that makes sense (I ordered Araucanas as well), but thought they didn't have tails?

Quote:
Purebred U.S. Araucanas don't have tails but no hatcheries that I know of in the U.S. actually have Araucanas (or Ameraucanas for that matter) but, instead, they sell Easter Eggers and list them as Araucanas or Ameraucanas.

The second one is a Golden Campine I have two that are about that age and the first one is a most likely a EE, I have one that looks like that, only mine has a darker coloring.
big_smile.png

The first is an EE, and is going to be a very lovely red! It is an unfortunate reality that hatcheries stubbornly mislable their stock when it comes to these lovely birds. I have yet to run into a hatchery that correctly lables their EEs as EEs. They love to mislable them as Araucanas (rumpless birds), or Ameraucanas (muffed bird), both of which you can only get from breeders.

Back
Top Bottom