cuckoo maran X cream Legbar =Olive Eggs?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by chooketychook, Aug 23, 2013.

1. chooketychook

chooketychook Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2013
    birmingham UK
    Hiya I currently own a few cream legbars I was thinking or adding a cuckoo maran the the "Love shack" with my Legbar roo,but before I fork out the £35 for the maran I wanted know if this combination does create the olive eggers? Or am I wrong? Just looking for a thumbs up really,many thanks.

2. stake

stake Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2013
    Malvern, pa
    Hey:

I just bought two BC marans pullets and assumed my CCL roo would deliver some olive egger chicks. Maybe a bad assumption by me....hope somebody validates this...BTW, Marans seem to be more expensive in the UK.....$50 in the US will get you a Breeding/Show quality chook....mine are just 'working girls' should lay a #6-7, and maybe an #8 on a good day....(yeah, I believe everything I'm told)

3. chooketychook

chooketychook Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2013
    birmingham UK
    Hiya good luck with your project hun,yes over here marans,legbars,azeels,silkie and a few other breeds are expensive you can get cheaper ones but you usually find them in dirty or bad conditions I could have got one for £10 but she was 10months old and not laying I rather just go the a farm and pay more the chickens are always bright eyed and happy xx

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by