Chirping
Mar 21, 2022
Hello folks,,

im new in chickens breeds world,

I have 3 hens cuckoo marans and 2 hens wheatons marans
I wonder what best to cross them too?
I have plenty of black copper marans and blue copper marans roosters,
I like blue over black color,

any advice what i will get from this crossing..

Look for a rooster that has all the characteristics you want. Make sure they're similar in eggs and adult size, so they don't hurt the female when she lays eggs or when she is being mated. If you want a calmer or prettier breed, look for a breed that can suit you and where you live. If you do want to get a rooster though, you need at least 9 hens.

I have 3 hens cuckoo marans and 2 hens wheatons marans
I wonder what best to cross them too?
I have plenty of black copper marans and blue copper marans roosters,
I like blue over black color,
If you cross cuckoo marans hens with black copper marans roosters, you should get sexlink chicks: sons with white barring like their mother, daughters with no white barring. Other than the white barring, both genders should be mostly black, although they may have some amount of red leaking through as they grow.

If you cross wheaten marans hens with black copper marans roosters, you should get offspring that look quite a bit like black copper marans (maybe not exactly, but fairly similar.)

If you cross your hens with a blue copper marans rooster, you will get all the same results as the black copper rooster, except about half the chicks will have their black parts replaced with blue. (This applies equally to both genders.)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom