Cuckoo Marans from Cackle?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Smitty's Farm, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Smitty's Farm

Smitty's Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    Has anyone ever ordered Cuckoo Marans from Cackle Hatchery? If so do you have any pics to share of bird & eggs.

I ordered all my chicks from them last yr and am extremely happy with them.

Thanks,
    Kim

2. Ang

Ang Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    West Central Illinois
    Anxious to see an answer. I think I will be ordering some from them this year, too.

3. Smitty's Farm

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    I just called them and found out that if I take a little drive to the hatchery, that I don't have to get 15. Yahoo! I already has 16 chics, so just want to get a few this yr. But you still have to get the required order if 5 per breed. Unfortunatly, they are only sold as straight run.

Ang, where again are you located in Illinois?

I ordered RIR's, SLW, & EE from them last yr.

I think it would be a lot of fun to take a little trip there, but dangerous! He!He!

4. Smitty's Farm

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    OK, never mind. I think I'm going to go through a breeder. I want really dark, dark brown eggs! [​IMG]

5. Ang

Ang Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    West Central Illinois
    Smitty's Farm :

I just called them and found out that if I take a little drive to the hatchery, that I don't have to get 15. Yahoo! I already has 16 chics, so just want to get a few this yr. But you still have to get the required order if 5 per breed. Unfortunatly, they are only sold as straight run.

Ang, where again are you located in Illinois?

I ordered RIR's, SLW, & EE from them last yr.

I think it would be a lot of fun to take a little trip there, but dangerous! He!He!

I am in Hancock County about 3 hours north of you. It would be a fun trip sometime. Are you close to Highland at all? We have family there and are planning a trip to see them this summer. We could maybe do a meet up. [​IMG]

6. Smitty's Farm

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    Quote:I am in Hancock County about 3 hours north of you. It would be a fun trip sometime. Are you close to Highland at all? We have family there and are planning a trip to see them this summer. We could maybe do a meet up. [​IMG]

Hey there! I'll PM you! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by