1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Cuckoo Marans*Jersey Giant*Spitzhauben*Brabanter*Fayoumi & more in OK

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by okcarla, Nov 7, 2008.

1. okcarla

okcarla Seriously Downsizing (NOT)

Feb 12, 2008
    Tuttle, Oklahoma
    My hens are still laying, but have slowed down because of the season. Fresh, fertile eggs are available for $1 each and $12 shipping, and I can send up to 30 eggs in a box, shipping Priority Mail thru USPS. I work nights, and am able to log on to the website, but had better not reply to anyone about sales except when I'm at home in the mornings. I don't want to get in trouble at work for selling things while at work [​IMG]

All my birds are standard size except for the Silkies.

Jersey Giant (blue/black/splash)
    Silkie (3 separate pens ... white, blue & black, or partridge)
    Egyptian Fayoumi
    Buff Orpington
    Easter Eggers (pen has several colors of Ameraucanas together)
    Brabanter (cream & gold in same pen)
    Apenzeller Spitzhauben
    Cuckoo Marans (both clean legged and feather legged hens in same pen, all my roosters are feather legged)
    Turken "Naked Neck" buff color

I doubt if I could collect more than a dozen eggs from any of these varieties gathered within 3-4 days. I prefer to ship Monday thru Thursday, and I drive the boxes of eggs to the Oklahoma City Airport Post Office, where they are flown directly from there to your nearest airport post office hub. Most people get their eggs within 2 days. All eggs are individually wrapped with napkins and bubble wrap, surrounded by more bubble wrap and then packing peanuts.

I always add extra eggs to any order!

I may consider trades

2. siz8003

siz8003 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Fitz.,NH
    What would spark your trading interest?If you look at my site you can see what i have and what you might want [​IMG]

3. erin0415

erin0415 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2008
    North Texas
    I am interested in Egyptian Fayoumi, Appenzeller Spitzhauben, Turken, and EE's. What color eggs do your EEs lay? Do you have any pics of your birds? I will pm you with the specifics of what I would like after I pick up my kids from school. thanks.

4. erin0415

erin0415 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2008
    North Texas
    Also, are your chickens purebred??

5. Riocotesei

Riocotesei Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2008
    N.Texas
    Hello neighbor! I live in north Texas (by Sherman) Where are you in relativity to there? Are you going to be selling them this comming spring as well?
    Where did you get your stock from?
    Also I'm very interested in the Fayoumi and Brabanter and maybe the Marans depending on the eggd color.
    Could you post pictures of those?
    Thanks [​IMG]

6. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    I am interested in your Spitzhauben and brabanter but I also would like to see pictures please. Thanks.

7. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I've hatched out her Spitzhauben eggs and they were GREAT! I had a great number of chicks and they were all beautiful!

Check them out!
    [​IMG]

Unfortunately I lost all of Carla's stock to predators and will buy more next spring! I sure do missed that roo in that pic, he was my fav!

Here are my Ideal Hatchery girls:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They dont nearly have the SIZE like Carla's stock did, they are a little smaller and grow so slow. I had 15 pullets and had to cull HARD to get the correct hairdo and only got three pullets (lost one earlier) out of the lot. Remember Ideal Hatchery birds ar enot the greatest but you must CULL HARD!

They are beautiful birds!

8. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    Thanks those are really nice birds.

9. CHICKEN little 1

CHICKEN little 1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2008
    W.V.
    What about a Turkin pic? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeze! [​IMG]

Intersted in a few Turkin eggs

Last edited: Nov 8, 2008
  10. okcarla

okcarla Seriously Downsizing (NOT)

Feb 12, 2008
    Tuttle, Oklahoma
    I'll try to get some pictures taken of my birds tomorrow if it doesn't rain. Yes all my birds are purebred unless I unknowingly bought from someone that misrepresented their birds. I try to only keep the best looking birds of each breed, and cull the rest.

The Easter Eggers (mixed pen of Ameraucana colors) are mostly two different colors ... redish colored hens & rooster and bluish colored hens & rooster. They lay a blue/green colored egg typical of all other EE's and Ameraucanas. My original birds I purchased as eggs from a breeder in Texas.

My cuckoo marans I bought as eggs from 3 different breeders ... some from Texas, some from California, and some from Florida. The egg color is OK, and I'd estimate they range between a 4 & 5 on the Marans egg color scale.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by