1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Cuckoo marans vs barred rock cross with a wandotte

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Paganrose, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Paganrose

Paganrose Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2010
    Albany,, Wisconsin
    Okay so I have a couple of year old hens who I do not know weather they are cuckoo marans or a barred rocks, or a cross of the two. See this thread for more info https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=525549

But
    anyways another hen hatched out several chicks and I believe at least 2 are from thier eggs due to the baring on the wing feathers.
    I was wondering if any one has pics of chicks from a GL wandotte roo over a cuckoo marans hen, or of the GLW roo over a barred rock???

Do they look anything like these???

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The other chicks that hatched were all black, but since I have jersey giants they could be from them, and I had one pure wandotte.

2. Paganrose

Paganrose Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2010
    Albany,, Wisconsin
    Never mind I found out both crosses would produce black sex linked chicks...... So I know for sure that the two bared chicks are male......

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by