Cuckoo Marans

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Backswampcub, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Backswampcub

Backswampcub Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2008
    Richlands NC
    I had visit today from the egg fairy while I was at work. I came home to 14 wonderfully choclatey Maran eggs thanks to Steve and Sharon at Sands Poultry. Also seem to have two more Beltsville White Turkeys in my run. Guess that fairy does turkeys on the side.

2. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Lucky you!!!! Were you expecting this fairy?

3. sandspoultry

sandspoultry Everybody loves a Turkey

Feb 10, 2008
    Eastern NC
    We have a saying around here. "Everybody loves a turkey" [​IMG] . Pretty soon you will be knee deep and turkeys and Cuckoo's. or maybe cuckoo turkeys?

Steve

4. Backswampcub

Apr 7, 2008
    Richlands NC
    I am hoping to get some turkey eggs this year. I just picked up a bronze tom to go with my bronze hen. He is a little younger then my hen and a little intimidated by my beltsville tom. So he has not started strutting yet. I saw his father and he is a big boy.

5. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    [​IMG] Wish I had a poultry fairy!

6. bantamman13

bantamman13 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2008
    Did you leave an egg under your pillow last night for this to happen?

7. sandspoultry

sandspoultry Everybody loves a Turkey

Feb 10, 2008
    Eastern NC
    Quote:Close your eyes and tap your heels together 3 times while saying "everybody loves a turkey" [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
  8. Backswampcub

Apr 7, 2008
    Richlands NC
    Well the Maran Eggs started hatching yesterday. I got 8 healthy bouncing chicks initially. Which thankfully I moved into the brooder. Because when I got home from work just now. I found the thermostat on the incubator had died and found three chicks that had hatched during the day dead in the bator. Kind of overshadows the hatch. This would have been my best hatch rate ever with 11 out of 14 hatching. Only to have it ruined sadly for the chicks by a faulty incubator thermostat. I am done with my bator. I am building a fridge bator.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by