Cuckoo Marans

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ginasmarans, Feb 7, 2009.

1. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    I have feather shank and clean shank. I think I have contacted everyone on my list,so if you haven't locked in a ship date,now is the time. It looks like the first openings I have are the second week of March. The girls have begun laying,so I expect them to be going strong by then. You can check out details on my page. Right now,all I have available are the marans. I had to change the price because priority shipping is going up. The price is now $30/doz on the marans,but I will take $5 off if 2 doz are ordered.Price includes shipping.

2. Animal123Animal

Animal123Animal Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2007
    Lake Mathews Calif.
    My girls from Gina lay the darkest eggs out of all the Marans I have. Thanks for the wonderful eggs and I'll be ready for some in a few weeks if you'll still have some. Thanks again Dennis

3. ginasmarans

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    Thanks Dennis! I have 2 new hens laying and their eggs are even darker. I have several 3 month old pullets that will probably miss this season but will be ready by next year.

4. pnp4kidz

pnp4kidz Chillin' With My Peeps

Gina how long do your Marans lay? (until what age)
    thanks!

5. shortcake1806

shortcake1806 Sassy McSassington

Sep 11, 2007
    The eggs I got from Gina last year were beautiful. They were huge! She does a great job packaging them too.

6. ginasmarans

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    I m fairly new to marans and had the unfortunate luck of having a coon attack 2 years ago,so my flock is kind of young. The oldest hens I have are 4 years old. I've been raising them for about 5 years. They are pretty solid layers,but I noticed this past Winter they took a longer break than they have in previous years.
    Thanks shortcake! I only ended up with 2 of your Delaware hens. I kept 2 roosters but lost both of them. They were stubborn boys and would not go up at night and by the time noticed,it was too late. I hope to get more this year. They lay really nice,large eggs.

7. shortcake1806

shortcake1806 Sassy McSassington

Sep 11, 2007
    Thanks Gina, maybe we can trade again when it gets warmer. Sorry to hear your roos didn't make it. I wish I'd known I just sent 16 to camp.

8. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Can I see pics?

9. ginasmarans

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    If you vsit my BYC page you will find pictures of my chickens,chicks and eggs. I will be posting some current pictures of eggs in a few minutes.

10. ginasmarans

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    [​IMG]

These are eggs I got today. There is a white and a light brown for contrast.

[​IMG]

These chicks were hatched in November.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by