Cuckoo Silkie Chicks

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Broke Down Ranch, May 12, 2008.

1. Broke Down Ranch

Broke Down Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Texas
    I have several chicks ranging in age from almost a month to just a couple of weeks. I have been working with the cuckoo gene for 3-4 years now and am in my 11th or 12th generation (can't remember exactly) so the skin/eye/comb color is coming along very nicely.

At any rate, I am thinking of selling some but wanted to see if there was any interest before I start considering how much I want for them....I do not have pics of the chicks but do have a few of some of the breeders. In one pen I have a superb black roo over nice cuckoo hens (no pics of these breeders) and in the other pen I have a nice cuckoo male over fantastic black hens. These pics are from the second breeding group....I am not selling eggs at this time

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. alabama girl

alabama girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    Auburn, Al
    These are beautiful birds, i PM'd you

3. rainbowfancies

rainbowfancies New Egg

May 12, 2008
    Wow, what type, what color, he is like wow! Rainelle

4. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    Sent you a PM.

5. nutmeggie

nutmeggie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    Northern Michigan
    They are so cute!! Now I want silkies to go with my geese!! [​IMG]

6. jenlynn4

jenlynn4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    There beautiful! I may be needing a few more cuckoo in the fall! [​IMG]

7. Broke Down Ranch

Broke Down Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Texas
    Thanks guys. It is very exciting to see them coming along. Maybe one day we will get dark eyes - I have chicks out there now with black (no mottling) skin and darkish (tho still not mulberry) combs. I will see if I can get some pics of the youngsters today.... [​IMG]

8. jenlynn4

jenlynn4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    OH I cant wait to see them! I to have been working on them and I am getting reddish combs with black spots on them. LOL It a work in progress! JEN

9. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    I'm not a huge fan of Silkies (don't shoot me!! [​IMG]) and I'm also not a fan of the cuckoo color too often (and I breed Cuckoo Marans, go figure) but the two together are gorgeous!! What a cool breeding project. I'm sure you will get a lot of interest.

10. silkieboxerluv

silkieboxerluv Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2008
    I would be interested in a few.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by