1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

CUCKOO SILKIE Eggs! ~SOLD!!!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by jenlynn4, Apr 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jenlynn4

jenlynn4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    Cuckoo pen is laying up a storm I have decided to offer 8+ Eggs from my cuckoo pen for $45.00 includes shipping. Not all babies will hatch out cuckoo some could be black or blue as well. I usually get a mix of about 50-50. Just post SOLD here and send Paypal to:
    [email protected] First person to post sold gets em! Thanks! JEN

~UPDATE!!! First set sold but I have a second set that can go out on Saturday. I get 5 eggs a day so I should have 8+ easy from tomorrow and saturday. First person to post sold gets em! Thanks again! JEN

PRICE NOW REDUCED TO $40.00 INCLUDES SHIPPING! PLEASE SAVE ME FROM HATCHING MORE BABIES! LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This last pic is of some chicks I hatched from my eggs last spring. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  2. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    [​IMG] i wish i had that kinda money to spend!

they are sooooooo gorgeous! i love your birds, everytime i see you post a pic. Lucky Lucky!

3. chickie_mama

chickie_mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Lula, GA
    SOLD

4. Majestic Lane Poultry

Majestic Lane Poultry Heart Strings Animal Rehoming

Feb 9, 2009
    Quote:The BBS and Cuckoo eggs are doing great so far. 12/18 are developing! Depending on what I get...I may be interested in more cuckoo eggs. I have 1 question. Will the blue or black thrown from a cuckoo carry the gene? For example: If I had a blue with hidden cuckoo gene x blue silkie could I end up with 50% blue, 25% black, and 25% splash and yet one of the blues could be cuckoo? My guess is that black wouldn't and splash is a pattern so it wouldn't but how about blue? Just very curious! [​IMG]

5. jenlynn4

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    Yes the babies that hatch out solid colors from the cuckoo pen will carry the cuckoo gene! If you breed them back to cuckoos you should get cuckoos. I breed my cuckoo boy over 2 black hens, 2 cuckoo hens, and 1 dark blue hen. But all will carry the cuckoo gene! [​IMG]

The eggs from the black/blue/splash pen (usually marked b/s or bbs) will hatch all black, blue, and splash chicks.

6. jenlynn4

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    ANYONE??? These will go out tomorrow. I just collected 5 eggs from this morning and should have the rest tomorrow morning. Please keep me from hatching another bunch of eggs! My brooders are getting full as it is now. [​IMG]

7. chickeypoo

chickeypoo The Enabler

Feb 4, 2007
    Wisconsin
    aw. too bad i dont' have the money. I love your birds. Plus i don't have the room in my incubator lol. well, i do but i want to see how well i do this time around. The last few times i hatched.. it didnt turn out so well, so i thought id try again, but i gotta see... how it all turns out in a few weeks. so maybe ill be looking for yer posts in about 2 weeks
    Sue

8. jenlynn4

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    I hope your hatch goes well sue!

9. jenlynn4

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    Just reduced the price to $40.00 includes shipping! Remember you will get 10 eggs at least! JEN

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by