Cull Marans girls? Other dark layers?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Goose and Fig, Aug 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    I'm looking for a couple/few marans girls or any breed that lays really dark eggs. I don't care if they are off-color, blind in one eye, mutts, whatever! I just want the eggs to hopefully try and get some female olive eggers of my own. My wellie roo was giving me all boy OE chicks, so the entire hatching season was a bust for me [​IMG] (I have a splash marans pair, but the eggs are just like my wellies- just not dark enough) I'll travel about anywhere in mid- to -east TN, N Georgia, N Alabama, SE NC. Thanks!!!!

2. geebs

geebs Lovin' the Lowriders!

Sep 28, 2008
    to bad you aren't near me.... I am culling for fall... All darkie eggie layers... Too much melanizing gene.... (too black in the head)... Not enough feather on the foot... DRAT.

1 person likes this.
  3. Goose and Fig

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Pooey! Hope there is somebody out there 1/2 way close [​IMG]

4. Livinzoo

Livinzoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Statham, GA
    I might gave some culls available this fall. I'm in Statham ga. Once I get all of them to one house I'll have a better idea of who is going. If I'm not too far from you send me a pm and I'll get back to you as soon as I know.

5. Livinzoo

Livinzoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Statham, GA
    Oops double post

Last edited: Aug 7, 2010
  6. bigdawg

bigdawg AA Poultry

Jun 28, 2009
    middle tenn
    i am in middle tenn (coffee county) and i have a pair of cuck coo marans, 3 months old, i will take 15.00 for the pair. pm me with your email and i will send you pics of them if your interested in both......

7. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I have 3 BCM pullets; 1 is very nice, the other 2 are mossy. Unfortunately I have 2 mossy roosters as well that I don't want to get stuck with, so I kinda want roosters to go with them [​IMG] Let me know what you think, here, facebook, whatever [​IMG]

ETA: These are POL, about 18-20 weeks old. They came from very, VERY, dark eggs [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2010
  8. BCM

BCM New Egg

Jan 8, 2012
    I have 4 black copper Marans roos, 1 Black marans roo and two hens, 7 guinea fowl, 9 Partridge Wyandottes juveniles and will deliver any where between CT and TX as I am relocating. Any interest?

9. Goose and Fig

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    I would have a year and a half ago. I am buried in them now [​IMG]

10. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    closed at OP request.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.