Cup waterer

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by jmtcmkb, Oct 19, 2011.

1. jmtcmkb

jmtcmkb Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2011
    New Hampshire
    Has anyone used this 2 liter hanging cup waterer?
    [urlhttp://www.beaktime.com/water.php][/url]

It's all the way down the bottom of the page on the left.

I only have 5 chickens, dont want to deal with a 5 gallon bucket ( no room and I dont feel neccesary) and plan on changing water every day.

Edited to say sorry, I guess I dont know how to insert a link:

It's a cup system hooked to a 2 liter bottle on beaktime.com site

Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
  2. seattlehens83

seattlehens83 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 11, 2011
    Seattle
    Havent used the 2 L bottle myself but principal looks sound. Seems like 2 L is kinda small as my 1 L brooder waterer needed filling once a day with 5 chicks. I use the cups in my coop on a bucket set-up that hangs from the ceiling of my coop (4x6 footprint). I did have a problem with one of the cups getting stuck on and it leaking so thats something to consider before using the 2 L setup. I installed shut off values to each cup on my system so that I can stop the flow to a cup thats stuck on.

3. NightsInWhiteSilkies

NightsInWhiteSilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2011
    I just found this thread and ordered two of the liter bottle water cups. Reasonably priced and I have wanted to try the cups so this is perfect for the size I too only have a few chickens and wanted something in their coop and also in their runner area so this seems overall great for my set up!
    Thankyou for posting this.
    The right link to the water cups/2liter system is http://www.beaktime.com/2liter.php

4. SweetSarah

SweetSarah Out Of The Brooder

Jun 11, 2011
    I tried to build one of these things and the cap does not hold tight so the water leaks when I turn it over. It looked like something that would be an easy build but I am having a hard time. The cup is tight in the lid and not leaking and the cup is not leaking but it leaks in between the cap and the bottle. Does anyone have any thoughts. I looked on www.beaktime.com and could not tell how they do it.

5. NightsInWhiteSilkies

Nov 3, 2011

I ordered 2 of their 2 liter watering bottles that have a water cup attached to each one on Monday but they told me there was a delay in the delivery so now will have to wait until next week for the delivery so Im anxiously awaiting it but when I get them Ill let you know how it goes for me!

6. saltnprepper

saltnprepper Chillin' With My Peeps

Teflon Plumbers Tape or Silicone Caulk.

7. marxmail

marxmail Out Of The Brooder

Jan 29, 2012
    Sparks, Maryland
    Good Morning,

Just wondering how the 2 litter water bottle is doing? I was thinking about using one for my 3 girls since space is limited as well.

Thanks,

DOnna

8. NightsInWhiteSilkies

Nov 3, 2011

I dont know. I havent gotten it yet. I put in the order last Monday and by Saturday emailed them to see what was going on and they said it was delayed in shipping so they said it will be here this week.
    I will let everyone know how it goes when I get them. Im anxiously awaiting and hope they work out well for me. [​IMG]

9. SweetSarah

SweetSarah Out Of The Brooder

Jun 11, 2011
    Thanks SaltnPepper, that works great. The chickens think it is pretty great - they ran over to it and gulped down water, so cute. I'm going to make more of them.

10. NightsInWhiteSilkies

Nov 3, 2011

Well I got the order today and Ill let you make your own decisions on it .
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...-drinker-nipple-water-cup-system#post_8404205

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by