Cure for Club Foot!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Emchick, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Emchick

Emchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2007
    Colorado
    Yes!!! I found out a way to cure club foot in baby chickies!!! Ok, accually it was my mom too, but still.
    Okay, so last year I got a baby Dark Cornish with club foot. And my mom and I were trying to fugure out what to do. (She was an awsome chickie and we didn't wan't to cull.) So In the prosses of thinking about what to do, I was cleaning my room and I found one of my Pokemon Trading Card Game Hit Counters(A small round cardboard peice, found in nearly any Trading Card Game such as Magic(I think) and Pokemon.) on the floor and my mom got this wonderful idea of taping it to the bottom of club foot's foot. So mom picked up the chick and we unfurled her foot and I stuck the hit counter on and taped it. The chick was cured within two weeks and went on to win Reserve Grand Champion that year at the fair.

2. katrinag

katrinag Chillin' With My Peeps

Thank you for sharing that.

3. CityClucks

CityClucks The Center of a 50 Mile Radius

Jan 31, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    Great job...and congrats on the ribbon at the Fair!

4. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    I just had a chick hatch yesterday who has both feet curled up. I had read on BYC (GOT TO LOVE BYC) and saw where someone used band aides. I have a Blue and a Green band aide on its feet. It is getting around very well and seems to be stronger in just one day.

Thanks for your Story, it give me hope for this little one....... Reserve grand champion even ...... Awesome!

5. Emchick

Emchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2007
    Colorado
    lol,yeah. We originaly tried a dime, but it was too heavy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by