CURE FOR CURLED TOES (WITH PICS)

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Fancy Feather Poultry, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Fancy Feather Poultry

Fancy Feather Poultry Cooped Up

May 30, 2007
    This is some thing to help u i could of just typed ut it kinda made no sense to me when i typed it up so I made somepics on Paint.

[​IMG]

2. thechickenwhisperer

thechickenwhisperer Out Of The Brooder

Ok, I'm still confused lol! Can you give a detailed description? I would be very interested. I think I may have a silkie that is showing curled toes, but it isn't very old.

3. robbobbin

robbobbin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2007
    I've seen bandaides used before-there was a post on the other BYC that explained how.

4. Fancy Feather Poultry

Fancy Feather Poultry Cooped Up

May 30, 2007
    The bandaids were used for sprawled legs. u simply take duck tape put it between the toe and stick anouther peice on the bottom and attach it to square so the tape will make the feet flat instead of curled. I had the some problem with my silkie chick i let it be sence day 1 and hoped they would flat out but 3 days late nothing happend so i heard something from arklady and got an idea. [​IMG]

5. dlhunicorn

dlhunicorn Human Encyclopedia

Jan 11, 2007
    many of the "shoe" articles were published on game/peafowl which have bigger/stronger feet and needed more than tape (which is usually sufficient for chickies)... just place the foot on a square of tape (a strong sticky type)...position the toes properly then put another pice of tape on top and then make sure they adhere to each other well (use a blunt rounded stick or such and rub well together)... trim to size and voila! you have your shoe!

6. Azulegg

Azulegg Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    south central PA
    I've always found with chicks that simply adding kelp powder to their food helped straighten out crooked toes (not sure about curled toes however).

Last edited: Jun 24, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by