Curious about a few things

Wingin It

In the Brooder
Apr 15, 2021
I've incubated before but usually stick to 6 at the most. This time I tried for 9. The first one hatched on day 20 way before anyone else even started. Then the next 3 hatched the next day on day 21 (which was yesterday). I have pips on a few today but they've been there all day and don't seem to have made much progress. Should I add some water, it looks pretty dry in there, maybe through the hole in the top or just leave them alone completely and wait? I didn't candle all of them because usually I am a leave it alone and wait type person. Also wondering if the other ones should be removed soon because they knock the others about. Also I can see movement in one of the pip holes and lots of chirping at the moment.
Here's a pic of the lone ranger before the others joined it.

Attachments

• PXL_20210414_152716249.jpg
    PXL_20210414_152716249.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 1
I would removed the ones that have hatched immediately. While you're removing them candle the other eggs to look for signs of life.
Do you have a humidity gauge in your incubator?

I would removed the ones that have hatched immediately. While you're removing them candle the other eggs to look for signs of life.
Do you have a humidity gauge in your incubator?
I do not have one of those. And there is a couple pipping and one has movement in the pip, I've seen that it says it could shrink wrap the chick if you open it so I'm scared! Will it be alright to take the hatched chicks out quick?

I do not have one of those. And there is a couple pipping and one has movement in the pip, I've seen that it says it could shrink wrap the chick if you open it so I'm scared! Will it be alright to take the hatched chicks out quick?
The sooner the chicks start eating and drinking the better.

I open my incubator 5,000 times during lockdown.

The eggs still in are late correct? So they may already be doomed. The chicks are alive. Help them.

If you don't have a humidity gauge it's possible your humidity has been too high throughout or too low which both can be deadly.

If I were you I would just get the chicks out into a warm brooder with food and warm water and candle the remaining eggs.

If you don't have a humidity gauge it's possible your humidity has been too high throughout or too low which both can be deadly.

If I were you I would just get the chicks out into a warm brooder with food and warm water and candle the remaining eggs.
Awesome thank you! They're out now and seem to be in good spirits to be out of there. It looks like there is at least one more trying to move about in its shell so I'm gonna leave the others be until I find out what will happen with that one and then candle the rest. Thank you for your help.

Back
Top Bottom