1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Curious about this egg...Please look <pics>

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by harewizard, May 11, 2009.

1. harewizard

harewizard Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2009
    Maryland
    [​IMG]

The one on the bottom is the one I'm curious about with the yolk spot. [​IMG]
    I think it came from my Red Star. OR it may have come from my Leghorn, who hasn't laid an egg in over a week, due to the stress of a dog attack.

What do you think?

The one on the top is from my young, just starting to lay, RIR.

Thanks for looking!
    Lisa

2. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    Whoa!!! I have never seen an egg like that before, sorry i can't help [​IMG]

3. animal nut

animal nut Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    S. E Ohio
    I am curious about this egg also. I have gotten a few that look exactly like yours.....

4. rdranch

rdranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2007
    Strasburg,CO
    I used to get eggs just like that from the Red Stars. In their case they were lowest on the pecking order and always stressed. One consistantly laid eggs with soft shells that were usually eaten in the nest box.

Since all three were at the bottom of the pecking order they were culled before the flock was moved to a smaller coop so the new flock could move into the large coop.[​IMG]

5. antlers

antlers Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2008
    East Cent Minnesota
    I got some like that for a red star but they were ALWAYS laid outside. Nothing wrong with them. when cracked they are normal.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by