Curious Dominiques / Shy Black Australorps (pics)

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by barg, May 5, 2007.

1. barg

barg Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    I am still interested if anyone knows a reason why one of my Black Australorps has yellow at the end of its feet and the other doesn't. Mix breed, different sex, just the way they are?

My Black Austrlorps dont seem to like people all that much.
    My Dominiques on the other hand are eager to see people, and will do anything they can to get to you as soon as they see you coming. They will sit contently on your finger.
    [​IMG]

We got them a larger tub yesterday, I'm hopeing the rain will let up so I can continue working on their coop[​IMG]

Emerald, the one with yellow on its toes (Not trying to get to me, trying to get out; it will be nice when I can accomidate him/her)
    [​IMG]

From Left: My son named this one dominique [​IMG] Then Emerald, Mrs. Nezbit back right and Hazel Right front
    [​IMG]

Move to the other side to get a shot and one of the dominiques will follow you [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2007
  2. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Very cute. That little guy sure is curious, isn't it?? [​IMG]

3. girlsnboys

girlsnboys Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2007
    Whidbey Island, WA
    Don't know about the yellow on the feet. Your comments about the difference in personalities between the Black australorps and Dominiques is exactly what I've noticed too. Very cute chicks. Enjoy.

4. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    I have one Black Austrolorp who is around 4 weeks old. She's one of 4 (out of 32) that will jump out of the brooder to be hand fed. She's a little skittish but friendly. She doesn't like o be picked up but once she is on you she'll sit on your shoulder for an hour.

5. Picco

Picco Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    NY
    Its just a variation and is completely normal. I don't think it means that it is a different sex than the others or it is a mixed breed. Many chicks look a lot different from each other.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by