Curious if anyone may know the breed of these 3 chicks?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by daydreamer7884, Apr 19, 2012.

1. daydreamer7884

daydreamer7884 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2012
    Just started out into backyard chickens about a month ago. I have 7 chicks now, 3 of which I haven't quite figured out the breed yet. Would love to hear what others may think?

Chick # 1 to which I believe came out of a bantam bin
    [​IMG]

Chick # 2 I have narrowed down to what I think may be a Golden Penciled Hamburg but I couldn't find any good pics of chicks on the internet that matched. It was in a bin labeled Golden Spangled Hamburg but I really don't think that is right.
    [​IMG]

Chick # 3..still up in the air on this one as well.
    [​IMG]

2. orumpoultry

orumpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2012
    Trinity, TX
    I think number three is a Black Sex Link hen.

3. daydreamer7884

Apr 19, 2012
    Nice! It does look like a black sex link hen..thanks!

4. [​IMG]

Sorry for not helping much here. I am very UNCERTAIN on all 3. I would stab at sex link for # 3 also. The legs look a little bit green to me.

5. BlueCamas

BlueCamas Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Milwaukie, Oregon
    #1 might be some variety of OEGB
    #2 Looks like a Hamburg, I can't tell which, the picture doesn't show the wing feathers. You'll most likely have to wait til it's fully feathered out to be sure.
    #3 Is looking like a Black sex link

6. daydreamer7884

Apr 19, 2012
    I researched some more on OEGB and I think I may have found the breed. A porcelain old english bantam. Thanks for your help! Looks like I have #1 and #3 figured out..now to just figured out #2! Thanks everyone!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by