Curious if the breeds I was told are correct?

Kenzie73

In the Brooder
5 Years
Aug 15, 2014
Idaho
These are the 3 hopeful pullets I got in exchange for my RIR rooster. The man said they were a Swedish Flower, Black Copper Maran, and a Ameraucana X Wyandotte... I'm just curious if that seems correct or if I was lied to. Also, not sure how old they are... 14 weeks? younger?

Thanks!

Last edited:
These are the 3 hopeful pullets I got in exchange for my RIR rooster. The man said they were a Swedish Flower, Black Copper Maran, and a Ameraucana X Wyandotte... I'm just curious if that seems correct or if I was lied to. Also, not sure how old they are... 14 weeks? younger?

Thanks!
We'll need photos to tell what breed/mix your hens are, and how old they are.
smile.png

Can anyone tell me what breed this hen is? Got her from an auction. She resembles a silkie mix to me
[/IMG]

I'll be ready to help if you are able to post photos. This site had some photo problems a few days back, so that could be a reason why you are having trouble.

Can anyone tell me what breed this hen is? Got her from an auction. She resembles a silkie mix to me
[/URL]
How many toes does she have? I'm leaning towards her being a Cochin mix, not a Silkie mix. You would probably get more responses to this question if you posted your own thread.

Pictures have been added! I did it from my phone since it was not working on the computer! :p

Thanks!

The bird on the left in this photos is a Black Copper Marans pullet. The bird on the right looks like an Easter Egger, so it is probably your supposed "Ameraucana/Wyandotte cross". Can't tell gender on the EE from this photo.

I don't know what breed/mix this bird is, but it doesn't seem to fit any of the breeds or mixes that you were told about. Reminds me a lot of a Red Sex-link rooster.

Going by this photo, your Easter Egger is looking rather cockerelish. That comb is just to big/red for a 14 week old EE pullet. A close-up photo of the tail area could help be sure of this, though.

Last edited:
BantamLover21, thank you for your answer! I hope you're wrong about two of them being roosters, though. I can't have roosters in city limits. LOL

Anyone else have any guesses or info to add? Very curious about the white one now, since I was told she/he was a Swedish Flower or Swedish Horn (Swedish Flower x Leghorn)

Back
Top Bottom