1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Curious of breeds I have

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by chickalicia, Jan 29, 2015.

1. chickalicia

chickalicia Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2015
    Bakersfield ca
    [​IMG]
    My rooster Jack- was told he is an Asian
    [​IMG]
    First hen- was told she is Asian
    [​IMG]
    Second hen
    [​IMG]
    Third hen
    [​IMG]
    Fourth hen

I have one more hen who is sitting on her eggs and told me "don't bother me right now"...lol...
    Look forward to knowing what breeds I have! Thank you! [​IMG]

2. Bufster2

Bufster2 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 28, 2015
    MO
    The rooster lpoks like a black breasted red.
    The others are/look to be a mixed breed.

3. Bufster2

Jan 28, 2015
    MO
    The rooster isn't babty,right?

4. Bufster2

Jan 28, 2015
    MO
    Change my mind,he likely is a.mix breed,containing,jungle fowl,old English game black breasted red possibly..

5. chickalicia

Jan 14, 2015
    Bakersfield ca
    The rooster and hens I do believe are about eight months old possibly nine. Not one year old yet. Mixed breeds huh? Wow I was told they are a full breed all of them and when full grown especially the rooster was going to be worth a lot. Like the two Asian ones he said I had. He said when They have chicks and roosters they will be worth more then the others.

6. chickalicia

Jan 14, 2015
    Bakersfield ca
    Maybe better pix will help?

7. Bufster2

Jan 28, 2015
    MO
    The rooster may be a pure bred,but the hens,they look.like.mixes.

8. Sambi89

Sambi89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2014
    St. George, UT
    I would agree the hens don't look pure breed but they are adorable for sure! Your roo could be a mix too but he's super pretty. I have a red breated OEGB trio that looks very similar.

9. chickalicia

Jan 14, 2015
    Bakersfield ca
    Wow. Ok. I glad I didn't pay for full breed prices. What is a OEGB trio? Thank you all for your inputs. Where can I find pix of that breed? Or even hens breeds?

10. Kev

Kev Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    Seller might have meant they are Oriental mixed with American game- they can pass for that, a couple generations down. They look more American game but their bodies are a little different and their tails are especially short- could be the Oriental influence.

Oriental is a class of fighting chickens with a different body type- more upright.

Possibly they are supposed to be basically an Asian "village chickens" of some sort.. sort of freely bred chickens, often with some Game/Oriental blood running through.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by