Curious on how this happend......... Pictures

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by bloom chicks, Apr 2, 2012.

1. bloom chicks

bloom chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2011
    FL
    Here is Daddy Buff Orp
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Here is the mama and the 4 gray ones are Grace's. She is an EE (mom) and Lance's (Dad) Babies they are 3 weeks old tomorrow. The one with light face is a boy I assume because his brother (light gray one) looked the same when he was his age. And so I assume the girls are the ones with the reddish faces. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]Why is he different? Could he be part BR? I assumed the BO was daddy because of no barring. I did have a BR rooster that I ended up getting rid of. He is the only one that looks like this. If he is part BR that explains why his his contantly fighting the others boys. Here is his brother the same age. They are 7 weeks old on Thursday.[​IMG]Thank you so much for looking and any comments or advice would be great.....

2. BlueCamas

BlueCamas Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Milwaukie, Oregon
    An EE being an EE, could be carrying any color. So that odd EE chick is probably just an EE x Orp. All of them are good looking birds [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  3. bloom chicks

bloom chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2011
    FL
    Thank you. They are very sweet too. I love my rooster and my girls. I started out with 15 and ended up with 44 since Jan 2012. Chicken math snuck up on me quick........LOL [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by