1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Curious - TSC Bantams?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by rainwolfeh, Mar 11, 2016.

1. rainwolfeh

rainwolfeh Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2015
    Saw these cuties today at our local TSC, were labelled as bantams. My chicks aren't coming in for a couple of weeks, but was feeling chicken withdrawal so went to visit. Sorry for the bad pictures, had one percent and had to snag a look.
    Mostly cream but with one or two white ones in there - some with very pale stripes on their backs. Black, clean legs.
    No idea what they are, but they were much bigger than most of the bantams I've seen there - any ideas?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. CliffB

CliffB Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2014
    Georgia
    A couple are cochins.

3. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    They all look like Silkies to me, better pictures would help though :)

*Silkies are supposed to have feathered legs, but its very common for hatchery Silkies to be clean legged.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
  4. ChickenHermit

ChickenHermit Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2015
    Astoria, OR
    I agree- some look like buff silkies to me as well, and some others might be cochins. More pictures would help. [​IMG]

5. rainwolfeh

rainwolfeh Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2015
    Oh wow, that's awesome! Makes me want to go in and snag a few, but I can't. Siiigh. Two more weeks and my babies will come, hopefully there will be some silkies in there! Buffs are my favorites, what are the odds LOL
    Thank you very much! If I go back and they're still there. I'll try to get better pictures. :)

6. crazybirdlady79

crazybirdlady79 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2016
    Brunswick, Ohio

I picked up some silkies a few days ago from tsc. All black skin, mostly black beaks and fuzzy legs

7. crazybirdlady79

crazybirdlady79 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2016
    Brunswick, Ohio

Oh

.....and 5 toes :)

8. CGilbert

CGilbert Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2015
    Spirit Lake, ID

Definitely silkies then.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by