Curled feet,cracked beak,listless,not eating,3 mon.old pullet,PICTURES

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Ondra's Seramas, May 4, 2009.

1. Ondra's Seramas

Ondra's Seramas Drowning in Seramas

Feb 19, 2009
    North Central WA
    I hatched this chick accidentally when I found her, an egg with a foot sticking out, in January. She has curled feet.
    [​IMG]

She is kind of deformed with a really long neck, short legs, and a short breastbone. This picture, where my finger is, is where her breastbone drops off.
    [​IMG]

Here is her overall shape:
    [​IMG]

Lately she hasn't been eating. She is really really thin. This picture shows her breastbone.

[​IMG]

She has been listless. the cat toy(similar to http://www.petco.com/product/10676/...Toy.aspx?CoreCat=LN_Shopping_CatSupplies_Toys) that she has always been making noise with is silent. She also has a cracked beak:
    [​IMG]

She doesn't fight me when I turn her upside down.

[​IMG]

Please help!

2. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    What's her poop like? Normal? Have you wormed her? Her feet have always been curled or is this something new?

3. Ondra's Seramas

Ondra's Seramas Drowning in Seramas

Feb 19, 2009
    North Central WA
    Her poop is normal. Her feet have always been like this. She has not been wormed.

Last edited: May 4, 2009
  4. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    I would try feeding her some yogurt (plain kind with bacteria cultures in it), and adding some vitamins to her water for about a week. Make sure she's eating, even if you have to force feed her. Scramble up some eggs or mash up some hard boiled eggs, see if she'll eat that if she won't eat her regular food.

Worming her wouldn't hurt her either.

Feed/Farm stores usually carry packages of vitamin powder.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by