Curled toes on adult chickens

jacksgirl

Chirping
5 Years
Nov 6, 2014
We were given an adult Bantam Rooster a couple of years ago. About 6 mos to a year ago, he developed a curled toe, it didn't seem to bother him and within a couple of months it had straightened out. This past November 2019 we got 14 one day old chicks. They have been healthy as horses and great layers. Today I noticed that one of the hens has a curled toe. What happened ? The hens spend their day in a fenced in area about 2500 sq feet.

Give them riboflavin and vitamin E suppliments. It's probably a deficiency of them. If it isn't bothering her, you don't have to correct it if you choose not to. It's also possible she sustained an injury of sorts? It doesn't sound too bad, so I wouldn't worry. Just give them the supplements.

Give them riboflavin and vitamin E suppliments. It's probably a deficiency of them. If it isn't bothering her, you don't have to correct it if you choose not to. It's also possible she sustained an injury of sorts? It doesn't sound too bad, so I wouldn't worry. Just give them the supplements.
Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Back
Top Bottom