curled toes. Please help

Do you have a feedstore nearby that sells poultry vitamins, such as Rooster Booster brand? Human vitamins are fine for chickens. In fact you can take a B complex tablet containing riboflavin, and dissolve it into their water daily.

NM%201338%20L36%20BComplex%20w%20C_150x280.ashx
15046.jpg

Last edited:
Great improvement in her walking today : ) so happy. She finds it easiest to walk on the patio rather than the grass but she has improved loads. Found some Vitamin B2 Riboflavin tablets ( for humans ) in a heath store so have those to which we have disowned in to drinking water. Thankyou so much for your suggestions and help. Hopefully she will Continue to improve until she is back to full health.

My chick got her leg caught in a plastic bag for a day+. I have her by herself but she isn't using her leg and her foot is curled inward. One toe is curled completely under her foot.
I don't see any helpful info on braces or bandages.
Can anyone help us?

What was the dosage for the vitamin per gallon of water for 2 week old chicks??
If you are using the poultry vitamin by Rooster Booster, the mixing instructions are on the label, and it is the same for all ages since young chicks will drink less. If you are using B complex tablets, then 1 tablet per gallon should be good. Some use PolyVisol without Iron baby vitamins for chicks, and the dosage is 2-3 drops daily by mouth.

My chick got her leg caught in a plastic bag for a day+. I have her by herself but she isn't using her leg and her foot is curled inward. One toe is curled completely under her foot.
I don't see any helpful info on braces or bandages.
Can anyone help us?
It is sad that she injured the leg. I would definitely use a poultry vitamin, and let her rest the leg, and hopefully she will start to use it when it is more comfortable. You can tape the toes or use chick shoes to straighten her feet, but there could be nerve damage. Here are some good links to read about taping toes and making chick shoes:
http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/02/spraddle-leg-in-baby-chicks-what-is-it.html
https://sites.google.com/a/poultrypedia.com/poultrypedia/poultry-podiatry

Back
Top Bottom