Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN

Gee I don't need that much money, I'd be thrilled with much less. Maybe I can come up with a costume for a character and have someone shoot a you tube with me. It could go viral and then all the studios would want me. Ha!

We watched the Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon 2: Sword of Destiny on NetFlix this afternoon. It was quite entertaining. Michele Yeoh and Donnie Yen were very good in it, and even though the overall movie quality was not quite up to the first Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon movie this one did have a happy ending rather than the tragic ending of the first movie.

I loved it! (Which is probably obvious by my avatar.
lol.png
) I've been making jokes about the trash can man since that episode premiered. That last episode ended on such a cliffhanger!
barnie.gif
I'm not sure what to think about it...the first one I thought was kind of boring, the second one was decent, the third one was stupid, the fourth one was creepy, the fifth one was really confusing, and I didn't watch the last one. Overall, I think the re-boot is okay, I enjoyed some parts/episodes.

Quote: I believe it and I honestly think it deserves it. I can only hope the next few X-Men movies are as good as they should be... and Gambit. I'll be really mad if they mess him up again.

Quote: They're the only movies I actually keep up with, but I've been a huge fan of comics my whole life.

Watched three very different DVD movies last weekend:

SELF/LESS - A sci-fi story of the very rich purchasing the ability for "shedding," which is installing their consciousness and soul into a donor body for immortality's sake. Ben Kingsley turns in a great performance, Ryan Reynolds is nice eye candy as the second interation. Not too thinky and plenty of action (car chases, flame throwers) to keep hubby interested.

ASHBY - A comedy of a new-to-town teenager trying to adjust to his new environs. Given the homework assignment of writing an essay on "Wisdom of the Elders" he enlists his next-door neighbor to provide input in exchange for chauffeuring the neighbor about town. Little does he know that his neighbor is an assassin. This was a fun movie. I thought Mickey Rourke was perfectly cast. Emma Roberts does a nice nerdy turn.

BONE TOMAHAWK - This movie had so much promise: A stunning Kurt Russell in a western with great dialogue.... That is, until the last 20 minutes when it turned into a gruesome cannibal flick. Unless you truly enjoy seeing folks eviscerated alive you may want to avoid this one. It was rated by Dread as one of the five goriest deaths on film...a fact gleaned after the fact when researching What-the-heck did I just view? A pity because it was a pretty good flick up to that point. It would've been even better if Timothy Olyphant had remained in the cast and they had originally filmed int New Mexico as planned. What happened here??
I'm a little iffy about Ashby, but I really want to see the other 2. Bone Tomahawk sounds like it's right up my alley.

Looking forward to CTHD2/SOD this evening on NetFlix.

Speaking of....
I haven't checked, but the scuttlebutt is that they've deleted all Dr. Who from streaming Netflix and Hulu. Who knew?

Back
Top Bottom