Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN

He isn't confident. THat's why I liked him!
Again I guess Im too old to understand. I like a man who can provide for me and not one with only a semblance of a spine. I guess if I saw him and related him to myself I might identify with him but I would not run across a beach into my own arms. As for the other thing I think the character is refering to a "desk job". Thats the type of work when you sit in a cubicle answering to one or more bosses. The movie Office Space illustrates it well as does the show The Office. At a desk in his own home he answers to no one

Again I guess Im too old to understand. I like a man who can provide for me and not one with only a semblance of a spine. I guess if I saw him and related him to myself I might identify with him but I would not run across a beach into my own arms. As for the other thing I think the character is refering to a "desk job". Thats the type of work when you sit in a cubicle answering to one or more bosses. The movie Office Space illustrates it well as does the show The Office. At a desk in his own home he answers to no one
Great points!

Just watched Coming to America the original after many years and it just dawned on me...they never explained how Lisa got to Zamunda. It was completely glossed over. So how exactly did the king convince her? He was prepared to offer her father 2 million american dollars "for his trouble". The king also seems like someone you cant really negotiate with so did he offer her 20 million? Either way it had to be a pay off. Especially since the end scene:
"You would really have given this all up just for me?"
"Yes, should I do it right now?"
"Nah!"
It seems like such a romantic scene at first but when you consider this...money=love?????

"The Last Blockbuster"

A documentary on the rise and fall of the Blockbuster video chain, and a study of the character of the last remaining store which is surviving in Bend, OR. More entertaining than anticipated, nostalgic and applauding the human spirit.
Directed by Taylor Morden. With Sandi Harding, Kevin Smith, Ione Skye, Brian Posehn. 1hr 26 minute.

Actually, Disney terminated his contract due to bad divorce publicity (allegations of spousal abuse by Amber Heard), so no more Jack Sparrow pirate movies, either.
Thank goodness. I had heard about the divorce nastiness. Its really a shame how we treat celebrities as if they are not allowed to have a personal life. Not saying that the abuse alleged should be tolerable in our society but I do think it should be remembered that celebrities are just people. Anyway off my soap box and back to movie reviews

"The Last Blockbuster"

A documentary on the rise and fall of the Blockbuster video chain, and a study of the character of the last remaining store which is surviving in Bend, OR. More entertaining than anticipated, nostalgic and applauding the human spirit.
Directed by Taylor Morden. With Sandi Harding, Kevin Smith, Ione Skye, Brian Posehn. 1hr 26 minute.
Thanks for the review!

Blockbuster was our movie rental store for many years

Back
Top Bottom