current pictures of my girls and Mr. Ducky

Discussion in 'Online Poultry Show' started by tmulleady, Aug 2, 2014.

1. tmulleady

tmulleady Chirping

Apr 13, 2014
    Southwest Missouri
    [​IMG]
    This is Ellen aka little bit, the duck hurt her when they were little but you wouldn't know it now!
    [​IMG]
    This is Portia, the crankiest of my birds. She seems to think she is a dog, jumps for treats lol
    [​IMG]
    Thelma is the calmest of the birds but she isn't fond of being held. I do think she is going to be my first layer [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is Louise aka big red. She is the largest of the girls and the friendliest.

[​IMG]
    And last but not least this is Mr. Ducky a huge disappointment for my 3 yr. old granddaughter cause she wanted a momma ducky not a yucky boy! LOL He is a very confused duck, he believes he is a chicken! He is lovable and follows me around the yard.

I cannot believe how much I am enjoying these silly birds. I have always wanted chickens but never tried until Easter this year and I AM HOOKED!!! [​IMG]

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Beautiful birds. Be aware that if your drake starts breeding the chickens he may seriously injure them. Drakes have a penis - roosters do not; therefore, introducing 'objects' into the reproductive tract of chicken hens can cause serious problems.

3. tmulleady

tmulleady Chirping

Apr 13, 2014
    Southwest Missouri
    Thank you for the advice and the complement. [​IMG] I had been warned about that before so I watch him close. So far he has shown no interest but if he does I plan on finding a little girl duck, hopefully another Welsh Harlequin so I can breed them. Why I say he thinks he is a chicken is his quack sound more like the cluck sound my girls make than something you would hear from a duck, it sounds so funny.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by