Curse you, chicken math!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by axion_lotus, Mar 28, 2011.

1. axion_lotus

axion_lotus Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2011
    Central NC
    I did a bad thing. [​IMG] After my first therapy session last thursday, my lover decided to take me to Tractor Supply (as a reward for FINALLY going after all this time of needing to), to visit the baby chicks. Well...see, what happened was... [​IMG]

...They had silkie chicks in the "assorted bantams" bin.

And I simply could not help myself. [​IMG] I ended up leaving the store with 1 white and 2 buff silkies and three rsl pullets which I plan on giving to one of my friends who I've converted to Chickenism. [​IMG]
    Sorry this post is so pic-heavy! I could not help sharing! [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This little one is the smallest out of all of them. He/she is adorable, and my mother absolutely adores him/her.

[​IMG]
    This is my lover's little buff silkie, who he named Tsubaki.

[​IMG]
    Tsuki, my buff silkie. He/she is so sweet and loves to get pets and snuggles. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These are the little girls I'm giving to my friend Cassie. They're sweet enough, but they're so LOUD compared to the silkie babies. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    And here they are resting after the bumpy ride home. The little white silkie is sandwiched in between two of his/her sisters in this photo, so it's hard to see him/her at all.

2. chickencrazyinHT

chickencrazyinHT Out Of The Brooder

Sep 19, 2010
    Cute! I just got some cuties from Tractor Supply today also!

3. axion_lotus

axion_lotus Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2011
    Central NC
    Aww! I bet they're cute, too!

See, chick fever is spreading like wildfire. Highly contagious indeed. [​IMG]

Oh, and [​IMG]

4. suzeqf

suzeqf Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2011
    it got me yesterday at buchites i went after 2 "fancy" chicks in honor of my granddaddy's b-day and ended up with 6 2 polish's(i think) and 3 teeny weeny batums and a turken(she replaced the batum my daughter rescued that past away later in the day)

5. pcosmom

pcosmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    Very cute.

I am new to raising chicks..I started friday with 8 and now have 26..

6. Emmalion

Emmalion Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2011
    Western Massachusetts
    I have decided.... ok ok ok I'm not sure if decided is the word but i want to add some chicks to the ones I hatched. [​IMG] I might just take an early morning ride to TSC on wednesday and see what they have. I wonder if they will let me take below the limit as I already have some and just want to add. lol

Love your babies I didn't know they had them silkie babies... I might want one or 20... hehe

7. hennyannie

hennyannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    North Carolina
    Quote:I started with 12 and now have 27.

8. minihorse927

minihorse927 Whipper snapper Premium Member

Nov 3, 2010
    I started with 6 chicks last year and now have over 70 ranging in size from day old to full grown and more hatching daily! My BF is gonna kill me by the time I quit! [​IMG]

9. Emmalion

Emmalion Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2011
    Western Massachusetts
    I want new chicks mostly because I want a broody breed so they can hatch their own. Would love to have momma and babies cruising my yard. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by