Cursed with Roosters????

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Bleenie, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

I lost my beloved Frizzle rooster, Mr. Fuzz, a while back to a predator and i thoguht I caught it (coon) but then recently i lost a Sizzle hen, i am sure to a predator again. I was REALLY hoping for a few girls and praying for a frizzle girl, but so far it looks liek I may be cursed with roosters!!

I apologize, I don't recall their ages. I had a duck hen with 33 chicken eggs under her & i only had 3 chicken hens so they all hatched at different times!
    If it's any help, the Blue Smooth Sizzle one is the oldest. But 'her' & the 2 frizzles tail feathers all came in very quickly.. the little black, smooth chicks' tail is coming in kinda slow.

Please tell me at least ONE of them could be a girl...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Rooster or not, i had to share this one..... love a fluffy butt [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Both of those frizzles are cockerels. The Sizzle may be one as well.

3. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

Man, that really sucks. I have 2 at my mother's house, from teh same roo. They're both frizzles and i think they're boys too... are there generally more frizzle roo's than hens? She does have 1 Sizzle/frizzle mix that is a hen, she came from the roo i lost and she is frizzled but she's nearly a year old now and because of the mix doesnt have a good crest.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by