Curves vs. Ladies of America: any opinions?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by bluie, Feb 9, 2009.

1. bluie

bluie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2007
    I need to do something, I am so sedentary. In my town there is both a Curves and a Ladies of America. Anybody have experience, either good or bad, with either one?

2. Catalina

Catalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2007
    Minnesota
    [​IMG] My mom was kicked out of Curves - she did too many sit-ups/didn't do the exact number they 'suggest' their clients do. [​IMG]

3. bluie

Aug 18, 2007
    Quote:[​IMG]

4. Irajoe

Irajoe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2009
    South Carolina
    Is there a YMCA? High level of expertise and no long-term contracts! [​IMG]

5. bluie

Aug 18, 2007
    Quote:Unfortunately, there is none anywhere close.

6. SpunkyChicken

SpunkyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Where do you live? These gyms are only in select areas of the Northeast and are quite expensive (the one down the street from me is $60 a month), but if you have the money they are sooo worth it.

http://www.mysportsclubs.com

Excellent setup, clean facilities, and if you're in the corporate world it's a decent place to network since executives go there often. A friend of mine had a trial membership to one location in Boston, and they had a basketball court inside the gym... where the floor was just one giant trampoline!!!

7. bluie

Aug 18, 2007
    Thanks spunkychicken. I checked and there is one just three miles away. It seems expensive, but I was considering Curves, at $29 a month, but the zumba classes were $5 additional. So if I did two zumba classes a week, it would be the same as joining NYSC. Hmmm. Must do more research.

8. Catalina

Catalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2007
    Minnesota
    Zumba!! Zumba is sooooo much fun!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by