1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

custom show transport coops in southern CA ???

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by canyoncritters, Sep 20, 2011.

1. canyoncritters

canyoncritters Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2010
    Silverado
    Well, my Mother, thanks to me, is totally into showing birds now [​IMG] , and of course she wants to have some nice custom made wooden transport coops for her LF Cochins to be toted around in. My Silkies do fine in their KW rabbit transport cages, but hers are just too darn big, and she insists that they're too spoiled to have to use dog crates [​IMG] Anyhoo, we are hoping to find people on the BYC who may know of someone or make these coops themselves in our area (southern CA)?
    On a related note; we did have a nice man's contact info (that we of course misplaced:barnie ) who was willing to make one. If anyone knows the guy who won Best American with what I can only guess was a black Australorp Cock, at the 2011 OC Fair in Costa Mesa, CA please IM me his info! Hopefully he happens to read this himself and can do the same, lol. She will need the coops in a matter of weeks and is relying on me to find someone, please help!

2. I-Have-Happy-Hens

I-Have-Happy-Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Carrboro, NC
  3. canyoncritters

canyoncritters Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2010
    Silverado
    Yeah thats a nice one, pretty similar to the ones the guy had, except for the doors on top. His were slide out doors, but I think the hinged ones are pretty neat too. I'll send her the link, but I don't think she knows anyone with the time to build them? It will definitely help if we don't find someone soon though and try ourselves, so thanks I.H.H.H![​IMG]

4. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    If you can't get any made in time for the next shop, the airline shipping crates for show dogs work really well for transporting birds.

5. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by