Hubbyofbirdlady

Songster
6 Years
Jan 3, 2017
Southern Iowa (Lamoni)
My Coop
My Coop
Hello all,

I have searched for a quail cage I can buy and not make, but I dont want the short ceiling and 3 to 5 sections. I want, I need a single quail cage 2 feet wide, 2 1/2 feet deep, and 18 inches high with the egg roll out basket in front of the 2 foot wide measurement. Is that something anyone can make for me? and if so how much? or do you have link where I can have something like this made.

First
welcome-byc.gif

Here is something for you to give some thought.
There are reasons for quail cages to be ether short, or quite tall. In a short cage, the quail does not attempt to fly at all. In a TALL cage the quail will fly and successfully land at desired perch. In something about the size you desire, a quail will attempt to fly, but will crash into the ceiling part of cage and get hurt. I have read of quail cracking necks.
idunno.gif
.. If you still want a cage of your size, I suggest going to a pet store and buying what ever you think would house your quail comfortably. At that point I suggest that you install a cloth, or similar suspended false ceiling near the top. This way if your quail takes flight, will not hit hard surface.
WISHING YOU BEST...
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom