Custome Quail cage

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Hubbyofbirdlady, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Hubbyofbirdlady

Hubbyofbirdlady New Egg

Jan 3, 2017
    Hello all,

I have searched for a quail cage I can buy and not make, but I dont want the short ceiling and 3 to 5 sections. I want, I need a single quail cage 2 feet wide, 2 1/2 feet deep, and 18 inches high with the egg roll out basket in front of the 2 foot wide measurement. Is that something anyone can make for me? and if so how much? or do you have link where I can have something like this made.

2. cavemanrich

cavemanrich Overrun With Chickens

Apr 6, 2014
    Melrose Park Illinois
    First [​IMG]
    Here is something for you to give some thought.
    There are reasons for quail cages to be ether short, or quite tall. In a short cage, the quail does not attempt to fly at all. In a TALL cage the quail will fly and successfully land at desired perch. In something about the size you desire, a quail will attempt to fly, but will crash into the ceiling part of cage and get hurt. I have read of quail cracking necks. [​IMG].. If you still want a cage of your size, I suggest going to a pet store and buying what ever you think would house your quail comfortably. At that point I suggest that you install a cloth, or similar suspended false ceiling near the top. This way if your quail takes flight, will not hit hard surface.
    WISHING YOU BEST... [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Hubbyofbirdlady

Hubbyofbirdlady New Egg

Jan 3, 2017
    So what if I go 2 feet high? same thing?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by