Customer Service lived in the elevator today.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by debilorrah, Nov 21, 2011.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

We finally finished the move at work from our tiny cramped space to our beautiful new building. Of course, with a move like that, no one expects perfection. Naturally, the internet was down all day, no email, only half the phones worked and our network was down. A few of got in the elevator to go down for more boxes, and the door closed and voice came from the wall and said "Hello? Is anyone there?" We all looked at each other, then I said "Uh, yes, how can I help you?" "Oh good! I have been calling ADA for 4 hours and it just rings and rings. I need to cancel my ride for noon today."

Again we just looked at each, asked the caller to hold, of course there is no hold button on the elevator wall. Went back upstairs, got a pad of paper and took a message. A little while later, the elevator door opens and there is another co-worker standing there talking to the wall, explaining that we are having phone problems due to the move.

Apparently 411 has been giving out the newest number to those that call 411. Which happens to be the emergency phone in the elevator. [​IMG]

2. BairleaFarm

BairleaFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2011
    Georgetown, KY
    lol too funny

3. justafewchickens

justafewchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2011
    The mental image of someone talking into the elevator speaker is hilarious. And I would have jumped out of my skin if I heard a strange voice in the elevator!

4. debilorrah

Quote:Of course, being with other people, no one wanted to look like a freak, so we all kept our cool. But it was VERY strange!!!!!

5. stilldeb

stilldeb Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    NW Kentucky
    I can so picture this! Hope you get your phones fixed.

deb g

6. debilorrah

Quote:It's a slow process. And of course, MY phone was the one that worked today. [​IMG]

7. froggie71

froggie71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    Thanks for sharing! I can just picture it and was here laughing when I read it. [​IMG]

8. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    hehehehehe [​IMG]

9. StupidBird

StupidBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    BYC - a separate reality that exists. Where not only do we talk to the walls, the walls answer.

10. ChooksinChoppers

ChooksinChoppers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Ocala, Florida.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Too funny! Are you sure it wasnt candid camera?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by