1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Customer Service Stinks

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by herfrds, Sep 6, 2011.

1. herfrds

herfrds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2010
    Montana
    I love my current Dell computor, but after all the garbage their customer service just put me through I'm not buying another.

So far I have been called stupid, hung up on, given the run around and put on hold for over 15 minutes.

I'm not in a really good mood right now.
    Even worse nothing they did would not speed my computor up. Other then tell me if I paid them $260.00 they would clean up my files.

I can take it to someone local and pay less.

Just a little stressed, but I get to go shopping! (It's for cattle vaccines and a halter, but it releases my stress.) [​IMG]

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Shopping for vaccines? Get ya an extra big needle for Dell.

3. FarmCoe

FarmCoe Flock Mistress

May 22, 2010
    Planet Earth
    That sucks. At least you didn't get Peggy. [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
  4. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    I have a friend that went through similar issues with Dell. I won't buy from them period! I hope your day gets better! [​IMG]

5. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] That is sooo rude! [​IMG] And thats the way they take care of their customers??? I've got a Dell also, but haven't had to call them, and thankful too!

6. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Quote:Sounds like maybe she got a close relative or two though...

7. willkatdawson

willkatdawson Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Ga
    So sorry you're having trouble. I had a HP pc, and had a question. They said they would be more than happy to resolve my problem, after I paid them a fee for their help. You would think a happy customer who someday replaces their old pc with a new same maker model would be worth answering a question. I recently bought a laptop....from gateway!
    On the other hand, my blog was down last night (Labor Day) and my host, GoDaddy.com had the nicest CS rep who worked out all my problems. He didn't even sigh when I told him, "I not comp savvy...explain this to me like I'm 5." There is still great customer service out there, it's just few and far between.

8. ChooksinChoppers

ChooksinChoppers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Ocala, Florida.
    Quote:Sounds like maybe she got a close relative or two though...

[​IMG]
    I also have a dell and after hearing that same thing from other Dell owners I wouldnt even attempt to call Peggy

9. Spookwriter

Spookwriter Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Ohio
    Had a Dell once. But the same problem...absolutely the worst service
    department possible.

I've bought Hp the last two times with great service, to the point that
    they have replaced my fax machine for free, while allowing me to keep
    the old unit.

My choice? HP equipment, but keep a well trusted local repairman's number.
    So many repair shops just don't measure up.

10. kareninthesun

kareninthesun Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2011
    Quote:Go figure. Great service from HP, and they've just announced they are getting out of the computer business, sticking strictly w/softwear.

Did you know BY LAW that if you contact a 'help' line you can ask if the speaker whom is assisting you is located in the United States, and they have to give the truthful answer? (sometimes they will hedge, but pin them down!) If they aren't you can demand a number or call back from an employee located IN the United States? This of course is if you are calling from the US. I hate it when you get someone on the help line whom speaks very broken English, to the point where you are embarassed to keep asking for them to repeat. Makes you feel stupid, and it is frustrating all around.

I've had nothing but bad luck with Dell whom keep pointing at other problems not associated with them. ALWAYS ended full circle with 'em. Going MAC next time.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by