Customer Service--What is going on?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by inudat12, Jul 3, 2008.

1. inudat12

inudat12 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2008
    NorthCentral Ohio
    Today, we were at my grandparents. The original intention was to have birthday cake and be home by 4:00. Well, at 5:50 my father decided that pizza sure did sound good. So we called a local place called Besta Fasta on Marion Ave in Mansfield Ohio (Take Note, if you are ever in the area). We ordered 2 large pizzas and a sub. The bill was $35.00, delivery time was 45 minutes.

At 7:00, someone from the pizza parlor called and said I gave them the wrong address. My grandmother gave them directions on how to get there. and then told me, they were on their way. At 7:15, I called to find out where our pizzas were. I asked why was it taking so long and she then put "the owner" on. OK are you ready for this....

I was told we called the wrong store, we should have called the Ontario store.. [​IMG] (Someone, please please please. tell me how I was supposed to know that) But out of kindness, they went ahead and made our pizzas and they would be there in a few minutes. I told her that still didn't answer my question and I would be letting people know how they were treating us. She thanked me for my kind Christian words. I said what does being a Christian have to do with the way they were treating their customers. Again she thanked me for my kind Christian words and said the pizza would be there in a few minutes. (Anyone see where this is going)....

Well, I had that gut feeling, I said something to my dad and he said lets given them until 7:30..well at 7:40, he called them. Asked them if the pizza was being delivered and was told No they were not going to deliver the pizza and we needed to call K-D Pizza (one of their competitors). Can you believe that?

Well, we called K-D, told them the were highly recommended by the Besta Fasta Owner and we got fresh hot yummy pizza from them in 30 minutes.

Don't you think it was nice of the owner of Besta Fasta to recommend another pizza joint.

And how cool is it to have such a booming business that you would not only recommend a competitor, but you would jerk a customer around for 2 hours before doing it.

Tracy

2. chickens4jojo

chickens4jojo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2008
    Upstate South Carolina
    That's pretty bad~~I'd stick with K-D Pizza from now on. [​IMG]

3. purr

purr Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    east freetown, ma
    i'd put a little piece in your local paper about how the owner recomends the other pizza joint
    [​IMG]

4. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    makes me glad that we have about a gazilion pizza joints on Mahoning Ave. I usually run to Little Ceasars for a quick 5$ pizza, or for the friday night family pizzas i order Papa Johns because my daughter loves their Pizza alfredo.

5. inudat12

Apr 5, 2008
    NorthCentral Ohio
    Do you know what is even more interesting?

I was supposedly talking to the owner. She claimed that according to the contract, I should have called the Ontario store, its a franchise. So, do you all think I should call the other store and let them know what happened today and that the owner of the Marion Avenue store not only took one of their sales but after messing it up, recommended we call a competitor?

Tracy

Last edited: Jul 3, 2008
  6. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Id be doing that in a heartbeat. I complaint about pizza hut once because my pizza crust was doughy and got free pizzas out of it.

7. lengel

lengel Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    MA
    We had something similar happen to us today. We went to a restaurant and asked if the soup of the day was part of the soup and half sandwich on the menu. Oh no, the waitress said. The only soup that was available for that was the every day soup on the menu. So I ordered a full sandwich with the soup of the day and DH ordered the soup and half sandwich. We figured we could take the extra sandwich half home and eat it later.

Time passes and the waitress comes back to say that the soup on the menu is not part of the soup and half sandwich, only the soup of the day so do I want to change my order to soup and half sandwich. Yes, I say, but does DH get the soup on the menu or the soup of the day. Soup of the day is the only one now available but the soup on the menu isn't available at all, she says.

After eating, we get the bill which shows two soups and half sandwiches and $4 for an additional soup. Waitress (who I don't blame because I'm 100% certain this was a kitchen problem) changes the bill and leaves us to review.

Longest soup and sandwich lunch of my life.

8. Pullet Pimp

Pullet Pimp Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2008
    Ohio
    My thought is that when they took your order and got the address for delivery they should have noted that it was in "the other zone" and called the other store to have them deliver to you. It is not your duty to do that. Then NICELY advise you when they deliver that the other store takes care of your area if you want delivery. Probably would have kept a customer that way.

Whats up with Ohio Pizza places lately?

I got one for ya from one of our pizza places. Last night I ordered a large 1 item to take home for the wife and kids, from Millennium Pizza in Findlay, Ohio. when I picked it up he told me 12.50 and I paid. I then noticed the sign next to me that said an XL 1 item was 10.00 and asked if mine was a L or XL and he told me L. I asked about the price difference and his reply was "you never asked what the specials were". Not too pleased with that answer and his lack of concern I left with my overpriced small pie. On the way home the flyer taped to the box read. "Mon. Tue. Wed. large 1 item pizza 8.00" this was Wed. mind you. And under that read "Free 1 item medium with the purchase of any large at regular price" I didn't get either of those deals. I called from my cell phone and tried to reason with the owner about how I felt taken advantage of. His reply again was that I never asked and they weren't going to offer the info unless I asked because "I gotta make a buck too" he tells me. I told him that I didn't mind him making a buck but would prefer that he did it honestly instead of taking advantage of people. I mentioned that I would be going to the other local National chains in town from now on and he said he didn't care. WOW I WAS SHOCKED at the way I was treated. I thought that the pizza business was more "competetive" and needed the business. Guess not.

9. inudat12

Apr 5, 2008
    NorthCentral Ohio
    Funny thing is,after this I wouldn't take a free pizza from them on a dare.

I had a problem with a script at WalMart one time. It was for an antibiotic that cost over $100.00. Well after it was all over and done, the district manager offered me free scripts for a year. Told him, Thanks but no. I would rather spend my money elsewhere.

I didn't have another script filled until 14 months later. So, yes, Walmart would have felt better, they went out of their way to make a customer happy and it didn't cost them a dime. It didn't change the situation they put me in.
    I have my scripts filled at local pharmacy and refuse to spend my money at Walmart.

Again Its that "customer service" thing.

Tracy

10. Rosalind

Rosalind Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    You just reminded me why I no longer live in Ohio. Thanks! [​IMG]

Seriously, I don't know what it is about Ohio. Everywhere I went in Ohio, incompetent idiots like the pizza place you just described, and they all seemed to feel that it was my fault they were idiots, and that therefore I should be the one to correct their idiocy since I was the smarty-pants.

Example: We were organizing a student holiday celebration, and we wanted to have a bonfire for the event, to roast hotdogs, do some campfire-type cooking. Went to the student planning office that was supposed to handle these sorts of things, and they quoted us a price of $50 for one bonfire, the cost to cover firewood and the presence of a fire marshal. We said fine, $50, here is the time and date and location, we look forward to seeing the fire marshal there.

People were bringing children to this thing. Little toddler-age children, who get hungry and whiny after about 20 minutes of waiting. The event was scheduled for 6:30pm, a not-unreasonable time. The bonfire was scheduled to start at 7pm. by 8pm we gave up and decided it was a waste, and a volunteer ran out to get pre-cooked food from the local grocery store. The fire marshall deigned to show up at 10pm, then built this giant fire with flames about 12 feet in the air, which you could not approach closer than 10 feet lest your eyebrows get singed. He lit the thing with gasoline--DH looked at the random plastic bottle labeled "kerosene" (i.e. not a proper red, vented flammable storage container) and asked if it was safe to light a cookfire with kerosene, and the guy said, "oh, it's not kerosene, it's gasoline"--as if that made it OK. When the fire finally burnt out, it was past midnight.

A week later, we got a bill for $200 for the privilege of having a bonfire. Needless to say, we didn't pay it and threatened to take the school to small claims court if they gave us any crap about this incompetence and lack of basic safety. And they acted all butt-hurt about it, too, like we were the first people in the whole wide world to call them on their shenanigans.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by