Cute Alert w/ Pics

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Appytaz, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Appytaz

Appytaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    Central Florida
    Here is JJ our Mini Donkey. "He is modeling a navy blue zippered jacket with the hood removed for added comfort". He snuck into the laundry room and "borrowed" my DBF jacket. I have begun blanketing the horse at night and it just makes JJ nuts, so I decided to try it on him. Well if anyone has ever wondered what size a mini donk wears - its a Mens XL :) He gets so excited when you put his PJ's on him, he runs to the horse to show him and makes these odd grunting /gorilla noises at him. Too Cute!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please ignore the background - I was just released to go back into the backyard this week.

2. hatchaholic

hatchaholic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    Awww. He is so cute. I want a mini donkey, but DH says no. Give me time...I'll wear him down. LOL!

3. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

That is the cutest thing I've seen in a while! Awww look at him <3

4. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    [​IMG]

5. Appytaz

Jul 18, 2008
    Central Florida
    Kim - Just take him to meet them and he will change his mind! They are much better than I ever thought they would be - There is soooooo much personality packed into that little package. JJ is 32" tall and weights in at @ 250 lbs. He really is like one of the dogs. If I leave the back door open doing stuff he will walk right in. He actually gets along fairly well with the dogs (something everyone told me would never happen) Just a ton of fun!

6. Fowl-Language

Fowl-Language Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Longview, WA
    Oh, he's a sweetie! Have you tried putting DBF's pants on him yet?

7. Appytaz

Jul 18, 2008
    Central Florida
    Well.......... We were going to dress him as a scarecrow for halloween and did get him into a pair of overalls! Unfortuantely I was in an accident and wasn't able to take him to the horse show that was having the costume contest. But, here he is in the "1st fitting"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    What great stories! He is such a cutie! He sounds like such a wonderful guy. You're lucky to have him and it's obvious that he's lucky to be living with you. [​IMG]

I sure appreciate all the donkey, bunny and puppy fixes I get on this forum. Even though I can't have them all, at least I can see everyone else's! [​IMG]

9. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    A donkey that likes to dress up? Too cute!

10. silverfilly

silverfilly Peepin N' Cheepin

Jan 25, 2008
    Kansas
    awww too cute, I want a mini mule, if I could find someone near that had a mini jack Id take one of my mini mare s to get bred. I love them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by