cute and slighly sad chick story!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by CrystalWho, Apr 7, 2012.

1. CrystalWho

CrystalWho Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2012
    The TARDIS
    we had just gotten chicks. We had this really bad storm and the chicken coop was flooded. we ran out to make sure the chicks were okay. We counted 10 chicks, but that wasn't good because we had 12! we ran around to outside of the coop and I THOUGHT I found 2 dead chicks. My mom came over and we fond out that one of them was alive! We took her inside and soaked her in warm water until she seemed fine. then we turned the heater on in the bathroom and put her in a towl and blow-dried her off. we kept her in the house that night and the next day she went back outside. the end!

2. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    My mother had some bantam chicks in a large box in the kitchen for some reason. They were old enough to have most of their feathers and could fly out of the box some. One of the escaped and got into the bathroom. My mother found it drowned in the toilet bowl. She took it out and put it under a garbage can lid on the back porch until she could dispose of it. Some time later she heard this funny croaking noise. The sun had shone in through the window and warmed the garbage can lid and warmed and revived the chick. She called him Lazereth.

3. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Nice short story! [​IMG]

4. CrystalWho

CrystalWho Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2012
    The TARDIS
    lol. Good story. we probably should have checked the one who did die, but it was still pouring outside and my mom had proclaimed it dead.

I would have put it in more detail... but I didn't feel like writing 2 pages of very descriptive writing... because i can't write a simple story. very annoying.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by