cute as a button quails

chika10

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jun 18, 2012

ALRIGHT well i noticed that no one had started a thread on button quails so i thought i would start one. go ahead and post pictures or stuff about your cute as a button quails.

i love how when my indoor rooster crows the quails try to mimic him and now there call has changed.

i had got 7 to hatch out of my 12 on my first try. there all grown up now. i ended up with 1 girl. im goin to try to hatch her eggs out for some more girls. shes a precious tuxedo. here are some old hatchin photos.

button quails

I've got some pictures of my birds. It's crazy how fast they grow up! I got mine when they were three weeks old, and i think the tuxedos were a little younger.
Here's Joan and Pearl on their first day home.

Little Buzz at three weeks.

Little Buzz at six weeks, all grown up and starting to lay eggs.

This is Neil Armstrong:

And his mate Violet, who used to be Shy Violet but that attitude has changed DRASTICALLY with age!

Leia, with pretty eye freckles:

Pearl, with pretty throat spots:

And Joan, the most photogenic quail ever, who can literally not take a bad picture.

Seriously, the camera loves this bird.

So excited, one of my button pairs just hatched a clutch of eggs on her own. I had given up on them, thinking she had been sitting on infertile eggs because thought she had been incubating for almost 20 days now. She knew best though. I can see at least two chicks peeking out from under her and she was sitting on four eggs. Hopefully will be able to snap some pics of them soon.

Yay, a button quail thread! I hatched out 12 about 5 1/2 weeks ago.

Here are some pictures soon after they hatched

I have current pictures of each of them here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/810286/help-me-id-my-buttons-please#post_11737330

I'll add a few more current pics of them soon, just because I love to take pics and show them off. :) What is everyone else doing for a set up? Right now I have them in a big brooder with the brinsea ecoglow removed, but I expect them to pair off soon and I'll move them into new arrangements then.

I plan to put them in modified storage containers... I can post more pictures later, but I'd love to swap ideas since mine aren't quite done yet - open to suggestions!

I have a single pair that I got from a breeder in April of this year. I did hatch out 7 chicks in May in an incubator and do have some photos I can post later (after I figure it out). I sold all the chicks, 4 males/roos and 3 female/hens to another breeder and kept the pair, they just keep laying more eggs! I saved a few but most I just toss. I just can not make myself cook them even to fed back to the buttons.
I hope to incubate some in the spring.

Last edited:
awww so cute. pretty birdies
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom