cute black chickens !!

mightymidnight1

In the Brooder
Mar 22, 2016
middle of no where
Hello, I just joined BYC and I have a question, my family is going to get 6 chickens. We are thinking about a long horn and red island mix. I get to pick a chicken and I want a nice black chicken that is friendly. is there any one that knows of a good black chicken breed ??? I am interested in australorp. if any one has any info plz let me know.

Thanks!!!
big_smile.png

Black Australorps are said to be very good layers and generally a non-aggressive breed. They are black, though they don't start out completely black.

we have an astralorp, she's very pretty has a green tint to her feathers in the sunlight, very handsome chicken!
find her very friendly, she's an older gal though so not sure about the laying...

just recently got maran x chicks that are black with coppery colouring, their friendly enough so far! we'll see if it stays like that as they get older, right now their just only 4-5 weeks old.

The Black Australorp would be a great choice! I have 8 of them right now. They do not start out as all black as babies, but as they grow and the feathers will come in as all black. As they begin to mature, the black feathers will have a green sheen to them in the sun.

Hi and
welcome-byc.gif
- great to have you onboard. If you take a look at the Breeds section (between Coops and Gallery) you should find more information on the kinds of breeds that fit your criteria. Good luck!

welcome-byc.gif

x2 on CTKen's suggestion to take a look at the Breeds forum...you'll be able to see reviews of the breeds by BYC members.

Back
Top Bottom