cute chick/chickens!!! :-)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chickybuddy100, Feb 1, 2015.

1. chickybuddy100

chickybuddy100 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2014
    I felt like making a thread where you can put pictures of your chickens and / or their story ......enjoy

2. LoveThemBirds

LoveThemBirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2015
    Petting Buffy Like a Dog
    Banshee:
    First I'll start off with her chick life.Banshee is a Production Red.She has been threw some rough stuff.She started sparing with hens,but it never got her much.She is a low pecking order hen,somewhat.

Her life got better the older she got,well sorta.She has became a very calm tamed hen.Very affectionate too!One day it was sunny and nice.We have a few foxes who get hungry.Well,I was inside and grandpa was out.A few seconds later I heard "FOX FOX!"I shot out that door,and he said,"He had a red bird!"I immediately panicked and ran to look at the feathers.Beautiful red feathers were everywhere.I still searchec for Banshee,nothing.I ran to the side the fox came,and there she stood,proud.I picked her up and hugged her.I looked for scars and under her wing was a a nice gash.

Today she forages happily!

3. chickybuddy100

Jul 2, 2014

That's kind of what happens to one of my Hens,brave is her name ......she's two years old and got caught by a Fox a couple of weeks ago and she had a good cut underneath her wing just like banshee ...she's still recovering and is doing well

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  4. SkyWorld

SkyWorld Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2014
    [​IMG]
    This is Toph (named after the Avatar: The Last Airbender character), a tough and mighty Australorp. She is the fearsome leader of our six hens, and she thinks about only three things in life: worms, dust baths, and being outside. She hates laying eggs. Toph puts it off for as long as she can, and only goes into the next box at the last moment. She lets out a dinosaur shriek whenever she feels an egg coming, and she wants all the other birds to stop being outside, because they need to be inside to comfort Toph in her agony. We all theorize that Toph wishes she was a rooster.

Once, while in the throes of squawking about laying an egg, Toph started to crow like a rooster! She was stretching her vocals as much as she could, and managed a "cock a dood-BAAAAAAAAAWK." Straight after that, Toph ran inside to plop out her egg. It was very emotional.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  5. chickybuddy100

Jul 2, 2014
    she sounds awesome lol I love chickens with unique stories like your [​IMG]

6. SkyWorld

SkyWorld Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2014
    Thank you Chickybuddy, but the thanks goes to my daughter at home who helps me out with my day to day life. And since she loves writing and I enjoy her take on the world around us I got her to write it for me. I will try a another photo on her later. But our Toph story has more truth than fiction.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by